IT Sligo is one of Ireland’s most successful third level educational institutions. A regional leader in education, innovation and economic and social development, we provide courses with the real-world skills that students need to thrive in the modern workplace.
IT Sligo is known for:
• Delivering flexible, practical programmes within the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), from higher certificate and degree level courses to taught masters and PhD level, in the classroom and online, with professional accreditation for certain awards.
• Small class sizes, with a low student to staff ratio, meaning students have a better working relationship with their lecturers.
• Partnering with businesses, the community and creative industries across core disciplines of Business and Social Sciences, Engineering and Design and Science to provide students work placements and internships.
• An excellent track record in innovation and research, providing a focal point for local business innovation and development through our Innovation Centre.
Reaching out to business, the community and abroad
• Working with our partners in industry, IT Sligo delivers a broad spectrum of tailored programmes approved by external bodies.
• Our annual Science Week activities attract over 3,000 visitors to take part in practical scientific experiments.
• IT Sligo is an accredited member of the European Credit Transfer Scheme for Higher Education Awards and received the Extended European Erasmus University Charter in 2007.
A unique kind of campus
• Centrally located 72-acre campus in Sligo town, with good public transport links.
• Benefiting from a €35 million capital investment.
• Sports Facilities include the multipurpose Knocknarea Arena, an international standard outdoor athletics track, floodlit soccer and Gaelic pitches and leisure and gym facilities.
• Plentiful and affordable student accommodation within walking distance of the campus.