Relevant Links - UCAS Applications - Applying to study in Britain
UCAS - Universities and Colleges Application Systems
Important POINTS and MILESTONES
- Covers application to 50,000 + courses in over 314 colleges and universities in England , Scotland , Wales and the North
- Application fee 1 course £5 1+ courses £15
- Applications completed online using apply at www.ucas.com
- Up to 5 courses can be put on form.
- 15th October closing date for courses in Medicine, Dentistry ,Veterinary Medicine ,Oxford and Cambridge.
- Only four from the above medical areas can be put on the form.
- Only one course from Oxford or Cambridge may be put on the form.
- 15TH January closing date for all other courses.
- Reference added to form
- Submit to UCAS
- UCAS sends welcome letter to applicant
- UCAS sends copy of application to each university
- Each university views application and makes a decision
- AN OFFER IS MADE OR NO OFFER IS MADE.
- CAN BE EITHER UNCONDITIONAL OR CONDITIONAL
- Decisions from all chosen universities are sent to applicant who then replies
- Applicant can only accept two places One Firm and One Insurance
- Exam result received
- Grades achieved University confirms place.
For further assistance, or if you would like to make an appointment to see a career guidance counsellor who possesses expertise in the UCAS application process and system, please fill out the ‘Make and Appointment form’